3D Print Material Options
- Also called Sandstone / Rainbow ceramics / Multicolor
- Rigid & delicate. Made from powder
- Naturally white, but you can get it with colors
- Rigid & delicate
- First ceramic is printed then surface is glazed
- Strongest material
- Direct metal laser sintering
GOLD & SILVER:
- Strong materials
- Made from wax and then casted
- Very strong material
- Made with multiple steps or from powder directly
- Coloring options like gold and bronze plating
RESIN: (Multiple options)
- Also called White-, Black-, Transparent detail / White detail resin / High detail-, Transparent-, Paintable Resin
- Rigid and a bit delicate
- Liquid Photopolymer cured with UV light
- White, black & transparent most typical colors
- Strong and flexible plastic
- Naturally white, but you can get it colored
- Made from powder
- Alumide = Polyamide + Aluminum
Pratt 3D Print Lab
LOCATION: Engineering Building, 2nd Floor, Room 211
HOURS OF OPERATION: 7 days, 8:30 AM- Midnight, summer schedule subject to change
- 48-72 hour turnaround for 3D printed parts and 3D scans during the semester.
- Leave extra time for post-processing after it leaves the printer.
- Prints undergo cleaning before you can pick them up.
- Print time will also depend on the size of your print and how much support
material it needs.
- Naming Your File:
- File Types:
.STL or .OBJ format.
- Multiple Parts:
Please submit multiple parts as separate .STL files.