Here is a process to follow for my first attempt at creating a desired parametric module for my design:
- Setting up point structure to create a hexagon. Hexagons are made up of 6 equilateral triangles.
- Assigning start and end points to connect to one another and for 6 individual lines.
- Taking the six individual lines and connecting them to form one individual poly line and extruding in the Y direction.
- Capping the extruded surface where there are holes.
- Offsetting the geometry inward (negatively) on one of the capped surfaces.
- Moving the new offset geometry and lofting it within the larger extruded hexagon shape.
- Assigning the three dimensional surfaces of the outer extruded hexagon and the lofted inner hexagon to both be BREP.
- Using Solid Difference to create a void center where the lofted inner geometry was once located.